South Africa has a temperate climate and is known for its long sunny days. Most of the provinces have summer rainfall, except for the Western Cape (winter rainfall). Winter is from May to August; Spring from September to October; Summer from November to February and Autumn is from March to April.
Spring: September to November
- 19 - 24 degree celcius / 66 - 75 degree fahrenheit
Summer: December to February
- Hot with a strong southeaster
- 25 - 35 degree celcius / 77 - 95 degree fahrenheit
Autumn: March to May
- 16 - 25 degree celcius / 61 - 77 degree fahrenheit
Winter: June to August
- Cold and rainy
- 3 - 19 degree celcius / 37 - 66 degree fahrenheit
While these are the average temperatures in these seasons, Stellenbosch is known to display all of these in one day.
Visit the South African Weather Service's website for a daily forecast: www.weathersa.co.za.