Welcome to the AOTC
Welcome to the Advanced Orthopaedic Training Centre training site. The site is in an early stage of development. We plan to offer training and teaching material for the postgraduate orthopaedic specialist.
If you live near Cape Town and are interested in making use of our venue. Go to the AOTC booking site on the official University Server, where details of the venue and prices for hiring our facilities are available.
Clinical College Examination Course
This was held an the AOTC on 15th and 16th April 2011.View our Screencast videos and videos of some of the clinical examination techniques on this page.
- Referral to Tygerberg Orthopaedic Clinics by filling in a web form.
- Learn how to manage your orthopaedic patient who has chronic renal failure.
- Article on orthopaedic resources on the web.
- Screen cast talk on pathological fractures in children caused by common benign tumours.
- Osteochondroma: how to manage your patient with a single or with multiple osteochondromas
- Look up AO classification of long bones with our illustrated browser.
- Management of malignant pelvic tumours
Our faculty has superspecialist experience in limb reconstruction using Taylor Spacial frames, Spinal Surgery, Orthopaedic Oncology, Hand Surgery and Foot Surgery. Pages on these subjects will be posted in the near future.