Welcome to the Office for Academic Counseling and Development. We like helping students develop their academic potential. Let us see, together with you, what a desired path of assistance could entail.
- For Career counselling, press here.
- For information about extra writing time in tests and exams, press here.
- Sometimes, reporting for academic support is driven by emotional and/or personal concerns that have a noticeable effect on your own academic experience. If this scenario applies to you, please make an appointment for personal support at 49 Victoria Street immediately. Based on the interview conducted with you, the psychologist involved can refer you for further academic support.
If none of the above-mentioned scenarios applies to you, follow STEP 2.
The following enquiries are NOT dealt with by the CSCD:
- For enquiries about your credits or the HEMIS credit system, please visit your faculty secretary in Admin A.
- For the content of subjects or modules, please visit the particular department or consult the yearbook(s).
- For the subjects/modules that form part of a study programme, consult your faculty secretary or the yearbook(s).
- If you have already decided to change study programmes and (want to continue changing) only want to carry out your final decision, please visit your faculty secretary.
- Re-admission results: Only your faculty secretary may discuss your result and the reasons for the result with you.
If none of the above-mentioned scenarios applies to you, follow STEP 3.
Please use our comprehensive series of self-help material and the Learnwell DVD to obtain more information about important academic skills (for example time management, taking of notes and study methods).
NB! If the application of the suggested techniques are too difficult for you and/or it feels as if they do not address your needs properly (pose challenges for you), please go to STEP 4.
In the case that you would prefer a more interactive experience where together with fellow studdents, discussed topics such as study methods, time management etc, we invite you to enrol for the CSCD’s academic workshops.
NB! If the application of these techniques is difficult for you, or you feel that it does not address your needs, please go to STEP 5
IF the above steps do not apply to you, or you still need additional help after these steps, you can visit us personally to discuss uncertainties or concerns regarding your academics. Please contact our Central Reception at 021 808 4707 or make an appointment at 37 Victoria Street.