Supervisors: Prof Mark Swilling
Field of research
- Water management
- Water policy
- Water institution reforms
- Integrated water resources management
While studying towards a Master’s Degree in International Land and Water Management, Amanda developed a fuller understanding of the complex nature of water governance and management and the need for achieving water reforms. She has an interest in examining how water resources can be managed in a sustainable, equitable and efficient manner while facing conditions of increasing water scarcity, competition between users, weak institutions, and environmental degradation. Amanda believes that current water challenges can be solved through social ingenuity.
Amanda’s PhD investigates the compatibility of transition management with collaborative water governance at local level through multi-stakeholder platforms. The study will contribute towards addressing the implementation flaws of integrated water resources management integrated water resources management.
- Mark Swilling, School of Public Leadership, Stellenbosch University (main supervisor)
- Gideon Wolfaardt, Department of Microbiology, Stellenbosch University (co-supervisor)
- Alex Bolding, Department of Environmental Sciences Wageningen University (co-supervisor)