Systems Entrepreneurship and Innovation Governance (SEIG)
Research Group Leader: Phumlani Nkontwana
This centre of excellence for entrepreneurship research and development views entrepreneurship beyond the confines of products and services but to also include systems and intentional communities. Our research work seeks to contribute to growth and preservation of new innovation governance systems that emerge from experimentations and result is visible positive spill-overs or societal impact.
- Establishment and coordination of the new flagship transdisciplinary and entrepreneurial diploma programme in sustainable development
- Participation at the SEED South Africa Symposium 2017 to produce a Policy Prototyping White Paper aimed at promoting Innovative Enterprise Solutions for an Eco-Inclusive and Climate-Resilient Society in South Africa.
- Participation at the Design Lab for the new systems entrepreneurship global fellowship programme for the Rockefeller Foundation, in partnership with the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- Designing the new PAUWES Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre concept in partnership with African Union, Germany Government through KFW Bank, GIZ and Tlemcen University in Algeria.
- Establishment of an ongoing collaboration with the Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship through the Philippi project and in partnership with CST’s Transformative Transdisciplinary Research Group