The teaching portfolio can be delivered in a number of formats. Examples may include the following:
- A printable document (typically a Microsoft Word or PDF Document).
- A written, hard copy document.
- A private (password protected) or openly-accessible online blog.
- Part of your employee profile on our institution’s HR or learning management system (in the case of Stellenbosch University, the SunLearn LMS’s e-portfolio function would be an option).
- On public, online platforms, specifically created for professional portfolios.
All these formats pose a number of benefits and challenges, depending on your professional needs and personal preferences.
In terms of the content of the portfolio, there are no strict rules, but a number of guidelines could help you to structure the process.