A Bachelor degree with Geography and Environmental Studies as a major and appropriate training in GIS. An average mark of 60% for the major.
Study of the systematic disciplines of urban or tourism geography, in-depth knowledge of, and advanced skills in, the basic principles of geographical information systems and their application in a human geographical research field.
- 49611 Geographical Information Systems 713(30)
- 12187 Spatial Modeling and Geographical Communication 716(30)
- 10130 Human Geographical Research Application 743(30)
Elective modules (choose one):
- 10131 Urban Analysis and Synthesis 714(30)
- 11887 Tourism Analysis and Synthesis 715(30)
- 12825 Disaster Risk Studies 717(30)
The following prerequisite modules or any acceptable equivalent required by the Department, are compulsory:
- 49611 Geographical & Information Systems 713: P Geog. and Environ 214
- 12187 Spatial Model. & Geog. Commun. 716: P Geog. and Environ 363 or 334
- 10131 Urban Analysis & Synthesis 714: P Geog. and Environ 354 or 323
- 11887 Tourism Analysis & Synthesis 715: P Geog. and Environs 314
- 12825 Disaster Risk Studies 717: P Geog. and Environ 344 or 358
Assessment and examination:
Assessment is done by a system of continuous assessment, tests, assignments, a research project, oral presentations and examinations. A subminimum of 50% is required in each module.
Programme co-ordinator: Prof A van Niekerk
021 808 3101 | firstname.lastname@example.org