What does the OIHC do?
The Office for Institutional HIV Co-ordination (OIHC) is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive institutional HIV strategy for Stellenbosch University. As the University’s HIV unit, the OIHC serves as consultant on HIV prevention, education and service delivery to both students and staff, and forms a strategic link with other higher education institutions, as well as national and international HIV organisations. The OIHC furthermore performs a leadership function in the realisation of shared responsibility for the vision of a campus free of new HIV infections. More about the vision.
Besides the co-ordination of institutional HIV services and programmes, the OIHC also offers a variety of HIV/Aids-related training and skills development opportunities for both staff and students. OIHC’s initiatives include:
- Annual HIV testing campaigns and various condom distribution projects
- A peer education programme
- Short courses on health communication and counselling
- Service learning programmes and e-learning modules
- Community interaction initiatives
- Development of HIV-specific curricula
12 weeks ago
FREE Short Course: Social Justice Facilitation |HIV, Sexuality and Gender 2013 Application Form| (under-graduates)13 weeks ago
37 weeks ago
2 years ago
3 years ago
About HIV Q&A
- How can I get infected with HIV? There are only three ways you can get infected ...
- How can I protect myself from getting infected with HIV? Real world prevention options include abstinence, partner reduction and safer sex ...
- I have tested positive for HIV: is this a death sentence? There is no cure, but HIV can be treated ...