As one of Stellenbosch University’s centres, research is a priority for us. If you would like to know more about the research done at the Language Centre, click here for a list of publications and other outputs.
The Language Centre is a participant in the University’s Research Programme on Language Development and Language Empowerment. This programme has highlighted a number of themes within which various projects have been launched. These themes are as follows:
- The evaluation of the Language Policy and the Language Plan, with specific reference to putting language plans into operation in the faculties and support services
- Putting parallel-medium teaching into operation
- Putting dual-medium teaching into operation
- The role of language development and language empowerment in learning and teaching
- The impact of the language debate
- The implementation of educational interpreting
More information on these themes and the related projects will be made known in due course. Click here to read more about the Research Programme.