Have you ever wished that you could get your tongue around those isiXhosa clicks? Being able to speak a third language not only gives you a head start in your career but also exposes you to another culture and gives you an opportunity to communicate with so many more people.
If you have always wanted to learn isiXhosa but have never made time to do so, this is your chance. Our Masazane course is available for all SU staff members.
In this course, you will learn, among others, the following:
- How to greet someone and introduce yourself
- How to invite someone for a meal or a drink
- How to make or answer telephone calls
- How to give directions on campus and elsewhere
- How to ask for help at a service station
In 2017 the Masazane course is presented three times and the dates are as follows:
- 2 May 2017 to 8 June 2017
- 1 August 2017 to 7 September 2017
- 3 October 2017 to 9 November 2017
The classes for each presentation of the course will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
For more information, please contact Grant Ngidi at 021 808 9097. The size of the classes is restricted to ensure individual attention, so enrol now to avoid disappointment.
Learning a new language is an exciting challenge and may be easier than you think!