Call for Applications: PANGeA Doctoral Scholarship Programme
The PANGeA doctoral scholarship programme was launched in 2010 as part of Stellenbosch University’s contribution to the PANGeA network through the establishment of the Graduate School, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.
The PANGeA call for applications for the 2020 PANGeA Doctoral Scholarship Programme, Graduate School, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Stellenbosch University opens on 01 August 2019.
Closing date for applications: 23 August 2019
Application forms will be available on 01 August 2019.
The following documents should be included with your application.
- Concept note
- Letter of motivation
- Academic records
- Letter of endorsement (support)
- Contact details of referees
- Proof of competency in English
- A sample of your best academic writing
- A copy of your passport
Please note applications which are incomplete or where documentation is missing will not be considered.
Application and submission process
- Familiarise yourself with the Scholarship application documents, regulations and procedures. See the Application Documents below.
- Download and complete all sections of the application form and prepare or obtain the required documents and references. See the checklist for 2019 below.
- Submit the application and supporting documents to reach Stellenbosch University on or before the closing date. Applications which are incomplete, hand-written and/or where documentation is missing, will not be considered. The application form and supporting documentation should be submitted in a single email.
- Applications should be clearly marked Graduate School Scholarship Application and should be submitted by email to email@example.com
Application documents for 2019 intake
3. APPLICATION FORM for 2019 intake
Scholarship selection process
After the closing date the Graduate School will:
- Acknowledge receipt of the application
- Evaluate each application and draw up a list of eligible applicants
- Circulate the list of eligible applicants to the relevant departments and supervisors
- Draw up a short list of applicants who qualify for the scholarship and who are recommended by the departments. Due to the overwhelming number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be notified via email.
- After consideration by the Graduate School Board, successful candidates will be offered a scholarship in writing and will be required to respond within one week.
- Applicants who do not receive communication from the Graduate School Office by 01 October 2018, should consider their application unsuccessful.
Stellenbosch University will make every effort to process applications efficiently. Applicants are reminded, however, that the University accepts no responsibility for loss of communication or documents whether sent by surface mail or email, to or from the University. Applicants should therefore ensure that they are contactable during all stages of the application process and should contact the Graduate School in case of uncertainty about the receipt of applications sent by postal mail.
For more information on the eligibility criteria, selection criteria, values and conditions please visit the Graduate School of Arts and Social Sciences' website: www.sun.ac.za/graduateschool