Enrolment at Stellenbosch University
Enrolment to Stellenbosch University is subject to a formal application being approved by the respective department.
Registration normally takes place in January of each year, with some Master's and doctoral programmes permitting second semester registrations in July of the academic year. Registration information for all new postgraduate students is available via our downloadable Welcome and Orientation Postgraduate Studies Guide.
All students must ensure that they adhere to all requirements before commencing with registration and present the following supporting documentation upon arrival:
- Proof of payment/ funding;
- Proof of admission letter (issued by the responsible faculty/departmental administrator);
- Proof of original academic transcripts and accommpanying degree certificates (excluding qualifications previously or currently obtained from Stellenbosch University).
International students must obtain pre-registration clearance from Stellenbosch University International Services Centre prior to registration by producing the following supporting documentation:
- Proof of valid passport and study visa;
- Proof of South African medical insurance;
- Proof of academic fees payment or scholarship.
The electronic registration platform will be available between 17 January and 01 February 2018. The manual registration process will commence in the NARGA computer facililty between 29 January and 01 February 2018.
The formal registration schedule will be available in December 2017, please monitor this website for more details.