The Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD)
The CSCD aims to provide psychological services, development services and career planning services to students, as well as to its prospective students, in order to promote a well-informed, psychologically healthy community. The functions of the CSCD can bedivided broadly into seven services:
- Academic counselling
- Occupational guidance and development
- Individual and/or group therapy
- Contemporary developmental workshops
- An Office for Students with Special Learning Needs
- 7. Training and supervision of intern psychologists
The services offered, including group and individual therapy, are free to all registered students. If you need to consult a psychiatrist, a fee will be levied. Some of the workshops and occupational guidance also require a fee.
Visit the website of the CSCD, or their offices at 37 Victoria Street. Contact their offices during working hours at 021 808 4707, or their 24-hour crisis service on 082 557 0880.