Department of Sport Science
The aim of this Department is the development of human potential in a diverse society through the improvement of sporting performance, movement literacy, sport for persons with disabilities and health promotion.
MAIN AREAS OF RESEARCH
The most important areas of research are:
- exercise and sport physiology
- motor learning
- peak performance
- sport and exercise psychology
- sport injuries and rehabilitation
- sport pedagogy
- sport history
For more information
Ms Mimi Botha
Tel: +27 (0)21 808 4915
Follow the links below to view the curricula in the Faculty's Calendar -
Master of Science in Sport Science (MSc (Sport Sc))
Doctor of Philosophy in Sport Science (PhD (Sport Sc))
Doctor of Philosophy in Sport Psychology (PhD)
APPLYING FOR ADMISSION TO BSCHONS
Should you wish to apply for the BScHons in Sport Science (focus Performance Sport or Kinder Kinetics) or in Biokinetics, please download the two documents available below:
- Application Information and Form: Instructions on how to get your application complete. Please complete this additional application form and mail or e-mail it to the address below by 31 July.
- Referee Report Form: Have two referees complete and mail this form to the following address by 31 July.
Centre for Academic Administration: Courses
Private Bag X1