Higher Certificate in Music
About the programme
With this one-year qualification you can add value to different community music projects. It can also serve as a preparation for the Diploma in Practical Music or one of our music degree programmes, provided you comply with those admission requirements.
See our Calendar for further particulars.
- National Benchmark Tests not to be written
- A National Senior Certificate (NSC)
- In the main instrument (or in singing) at least a practical standard in classical music equivalent to the Grade V/VI examination and theoretical knowledge equivalent to any of the examining bodies' Grade III/IV theory examination
- Applications close on 30 June
- Selection based on an audition and theoretical test at the Music Department in the year before studying, during which candidates must demonstrate proof of the standards in classical music mentioned above
- Information available at firstname.lastname@example.org