Presented by Eric Jensen, Associate Professor of Sociology at the University of Warwick. Dr Jensen is a world-leading expert in evaluation of public engagement and informal learning impact and quality of experience.
How do you know if you are making a difference?
This training workshop will introduce you to the fundamentals of evaluating the impacts of science communication events, activities and programmes. You will learn how to design your evaluation to collect the right information for your situation. The workshop addresses the following points:
- Why impact evaluation matters for science communication?
- What science communication impact looks like?
- Foundations for good impact evaluation: establishing measurable outcomes and logic models
- Introduction to the evaluation toolkit: questionnaires, observation, ethnographic approaches, qualitative interviews, focus groups and quantifying open-ended data
- Obtaining a representative sample for your evaluation
- Establishing a realistic evaluation plan
This workshop will be useful for any practitioners keen to understand the profile of your event audiences, their quality of experience and what effect your events are having on attitudes, interests, understanding and behaviours.