In 2009, Ilze graduated with a BSc Honours degree in Geology: Geo-informatics, where after she was appointed as a full-time GIS Specialist at the CGA. Her responsibilities in the CGA included GIS and EO analysis, GIS assistance to other departments in the university, and coursework development and teaching of GIS 214 and the Introduction to GIS short courses offered by the CGA. Her passion for design, however, led her to specialize in cartography, and she has created over 200 maps for various researchers within the university. Ilze resigned her permanent post in 2016, but acts a consultant to the CGA on an ad-hoc basis while still presenting the School of Pubic Leadership’s Postgraduate Diploma in Environmental Management’s GIS module.
- Geographic information systems
- Advanced spatial analysis, incl. census extraction and analysis
- Education and teaching of GIS
- Data representation and cartography
- BSc Geology & Geoinformatics, 2008, Stellenbosch University
- BSc Honours Geology & Geo-informatics, 2009, Stellenbosch University
For a full list of Ilze’s publications click here.
+27 82 558 8444