Zani has always had an affinity for science, which, paired with her passion for computer science and geography led her to pursue a BSc degree in Geoinformatics at Stellenbosch University. Her particular interest in the applications of machine learning in remote sensing guided her research interest as she completed her BSC Hons on the applications of machine learning for small dam mapping using SAR imagery. Currently busy with her MSc on the automated mapping of agricultural nets, she became a part-time employee at the CGA. Her current responsibilities include scripting, software development, mapping and image analysis. Outside of work, Zani enjoys hiking, reading and baking.
- Automated land cover/use classification;
- Applications of machine learning to GIS/remote sensing;
- Applications of GIS to agriculture;
- Programming and scripting;
- Education and teaching.
- BSc Geoinformatics, 2017, Stellenbosch University
- BSc Hons Geoinformatics, 2018, Stellenbosch University
+27 21 808 3112
+27 21 808 3129