A Postdoctoral Research Fellowship is available in the Department of Chemistry and Polymer Science at Stellenbosch University (South Africa)
Scope of Research: Drug delivery system for antimalarial drugs.
Requirement: PhD (must have graduated within the last five years). The successful candidate will have experience in: polymer synthesis and modification, polymer analysis, NMR spectrometry, and RAFT-mediated radical polymerization.
Commencement of duties: As soon as possible.
Duration of fellowship: The position is funded until the end of 2022.
Financial support: A tax-free bursary valued at ZAR 300,000 per annum is available.
Closing date: 1 August 2021.
Enquiries: Send a letter of application, accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, including a list of publications and the names and contact details of at least two referees, to: Prof Bert Klumperman, Department of Chemistry and Polymer Science, University of Stellenbosch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Postdoctoral fellows do not hold posts or positions and neither do they enterinto an employment contract with the University. They are therefore not eligible for employee benefits.
- They receive a fellowship in order to conduct research, and do not receive a salary or remuneration for contract research or teaching.
- Their bursaries are paid out via the bursary system and not Human Resources.
- They are not part of the teaching staff of the University, neither are they contract researchers.
- They are not postgraduate students.