We would like to invite all keen cyclists to join Stellenbosch University (SU) Rector and Vice-Chancellor Prof Wim de Villiers, former Springbok cyclist Carinus Lemmer, and chair of Maties Cycling Nicky Giliomee on the starting line and support a worthy cause!
As you might know by now, Maties will be turning 100 in 2018, and we are gearing up to mark this milestone in style. One of the highlights will be riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour on 11 March 2018 as a group of alumni, students, staff and friends of the University.
Help us raise at least R1 million in bursary support with sporting events during our Centenary year. By joining the #Maties100 team, you will be doing your bit to provide opportunities to the next generation of talented Stellenbosch graduates making an impact globally.
Here are three ways in which you can support this cause:
- Buy a #Maties100 group entry: Secure your place in the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour for R3 000, payable to Stellenbosch University. You will be able to start with our Charity Group ahead of the open groups, PLUS get a limited edition #Maties100 cycling shirt and supporter's T-shirt in your goody bag, and enjoy post-event hospitality. Please follow the instructions below and we will send you a link to sign up.
- Or transfer to the #Maties100 group: If you have already registered for the 2018 Cape Town Cycle Tour, you can still join the #Maties100 group by paying the University the difference (R2 460) to make up our R3 000 entry fee. If you have an earlier seeded starting time, you are welcome to stay in that group, or you may want to drop down to ride with our group. Regardless of the group you ride in, you will still get a limited edition #Maties100 cycling shirt and supporter's T-shirt in your goody bag, and access to post-event hospitality. Please follow the instructions below and we will send you a link to transfer.
- Or make a donation to #Maties100: There are plenty of riders who are willing and able to take up this challenge, but cannot afford the entry fee. Your donation of R3 000 per rider can get their wheels rolling. If you have someone in mind that you would like to sponsor, let us know. If not, we will make sure someone gets an opportunity with your contribution, and that it is also used for bursary support. Please follow the instructions below.
“Thank you for supporting this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity marking SU's Centenary. Let us go forward together for bursaries," Prof De Villiers said.
= = = = == = = =
Only a limited number of entries are available, and the deadline is set by the organisers. Enquiries may be directed to email@example.com.
- First let our Alumni Office know that you would like to ride along and/or intend registering for #Maties100 or making a donation by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Then follow this link to the GivenGain page (https://www.givengain.com/cause/3063/campaigns/18079/) where you can support this cause. The Alumni Office will automatically receive a notification.
- You or the person you are sponsoring will then receive a link to register for the Tour or transfer to #Maties100.
Once you have done that, let us know your cycling shirt and T-shirt size. Riders will be able to collect their goody bags when they pick up their race number before the Cycle Tour in Cape Town.