Accommodation for Continuing students

University residences and houses as well as private accommodation are located on and around the campus, mostly within walking distance of the majority of the academic buildings. Other private accommodation options are available in and around town.

Students wishing to stay in a university residence with a dining hall (normally undergraduate students) should complete the relevant section of the university application form. However, admission to an academic programme does not imply that a student has a room in university accommodation. Placements in university residence are made according to specific criteria and because places are limited, not all students can be accommodated. Detailed information on accommodation for undergraduate students is available here.


Stellenbosch University International (SUI) tries to mediate on behalf of international undergraduate students and will assist you in obtaining acceptable housing as far as possible. Limited accommodation for international students is available through SUI and must be applied for separately. Rooms administrated by SUI are in Concordia, Academia or Metanoia Residence. For the different types and cost of such accommodation and instructions on how to apply, see Accommodation & Arrival.

Back to Top