American High School Diploma

To obtain a certificate of foreign conditional exemption from the Matriculation Board a candidate requires the High School Graduation Diploma accompanied by a certificate of eligibility for admission to study at any US university with a valid senior college accreditation issued by any of the following accreditation bodies: ACICS, DETC, MSA, NASC, NCA, NEASC - CIHE, SACS - CC, WASC - Sr


High School Graduation Diploma with at least two subjects passed on grade 3, 4 or 5 for the Advanced Placement (AP) examinations of the American College Board


Candidates unable to submit letters of eligibility to study for degree purposes at an appropriately accredited US university must submit a SAT score of 1600 with a sub-minimum of 550 for Critical Reading and 500 for Mathematics and 500 for the Writing section, together with their High School Graduation Diploma.

Check here for more information. Please note that you can only formally apply for matriculation exemption with final results. However you can consult the Matriculation Board to confirm whether or not you will qualify.

Matriculation Board General Enquiries:
Tel:  010 591 4401/2. For international callers: +27 (0)12 481 2922
Fax: 086 677 7744 (SA Only)

Back to Top