Health Cover

When you apply for your study visa, and before SU may accept your registration, the South African Department of Home Affairs will require you to produce proof of medical insurance cover. This cover must be from a provider registered with the South African Council for Medical Schemes in terms of the Medical Schemes Act, 1998. The insurance needs to be paid annually for the duration of your studies. Please be sure to read the content of your medical aid carefully.

SU is neither affiliated to any particular medical aid provider, nor do we deal with providers on students’ behalf. It will be your responsibility to deal with the provider directly. We will accept any medical aid, as long as it is registered in South Africa. See below for a few medical cover options.

Click here for Momentum Health.

Click here for CompCare.

Click here for a comprehensive list of medical schemes in South Africa.

Back to Top