28 May 2021
An opportunity for a postdoctoral research fellow at the DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Scientometrics and STI Policy is currently available. The successful applicant will work with a team of researchers in the field of comparative innovation studies and specifically a research programme that compares regional innovation systems in South Africa, Brazil and China.
The fellowship is available for a period of two years, starting 1 August 2021, and may be renewed based on performance and available funding. Please note that postdoctoral fellows are not appointed as employees and are therefore not eligible for employee benefits.
- A PhD in science and technology studies that is not older than five years.
- Evidence of recent research on regional innovation systems and specifically the role of innovation hubs in such systems.
- Evidence of research on globalisation in science and the impact of international migration of talent.
- At least two relevant articles in international journals.
- Computer literacy, with an emphasis on Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and SPSS, as well as good writing skills.
Applicants should send a completed application form and a comprehensive curriculum vitae, which includes a list of publications and the names and contact details of two referees, to Marthie van Niekerk at email@example.com. Applicants should request their referees to forward confidential reports by the closing date directly to the same e-mail address.
Closing date for application is 15 June 2021.
The University reserves the right not to fill the position.
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.