Internship opportunities for SLSJ members
The Internship Programme serves as part of a broader national campaign for compulsory practical vocational training and community service for all law students. This is in recognition of the wide reaching potential to expand access to justice for ordinary people.
Objectives of the Internship Programme:
• To expose law students to working in public interest and social justice law firms
• To develop the legal skills of students by exposing them to legal research and writing, assisting in consulting with clients, going to court to either participate in the advocacy that takes place in the court room or to assist in the preparation thereof.
• To engage in community education with clients.
• To expose students to thinking strategically about using the law to achieve a particular outcomes relevant to social justice.
• To strengthen and build public interest and social justice practice in South Africa.