PhD, University of Warwick, 2008
Ongoing Interests: sociology of language; language in higher education; university transformation; science & technology studies
Call for applications: NRF-funded PhD bursary
- Lloyd Hill (2019) “Language, ethno-nationalism and the South African university”, in Modern Africa: Politics, History and Society, 7(1): 41–79 (https://doi.org/10.26806/modafr.v7i1.263).
- Lloyd Hill (2019) “Language and social space in Nelson Mandela Bay” in Stanley D Brunn and Roland Kehrein (Eds.) Handbook of the Changing World Language Map, Springer.
- Gugulethu Siziba and Lloyd Hill (2018) “Language and the geo-politics of (dis)location: a study of Zimbabwean Shona and Ndebele speakers in Johannesburg”, Language in Society, 47: 115–139.
- Lloyd Hill (2010) “Language and status: on the limits of language planning”, in Stellenbosch Papers in Linguistics, 39: 41-58.
- Lloyd Hill (2009) “The decline of academic bilingualism in South Africa – a case study”, in Language Policy 8(4), pp. 327-349.