Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Sociology and Social Anthropology
Lecturer (Sociology) (Ref. LSW17/217/0721)
For information on the Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology, please visit our website:
- Teaching and developing undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- Involvement in appropriate research;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Performing relevant administrative and committee duties;
- Participating in the Department’s pedagogical initiatives;
- Commitment to community interaction and professional service delivery.
- Master’s Degree in Sociology or cognate discipline;
- Strong potential as a researcher;
- Research publication record;
- Displaying appropriate communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability in quantitative methods;
- Experience in teaching research methodology, specifically quantitative methods;
- The ability to provide postgraduate supervision.
- PhD Degree in Sociology or cognate discipline;
- Experience in conducting quantitative research, including social surveys and quantitative data analysis;
- Expertise in the fields of poverty and development/environmental/medical sociology;
- Demonstrated public engagement research.
Commencement of duties: 1 January 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter
Closing date: 23 August 2021
Enquiries regarding this post: Prof. L. Heinecken on 021 808 2095, or at Lindy@sun.ac.za
Enquiries regarding remuneration/benefits as well as technical assistance with the electronic application process: Human Resources Client Services Centre on 021808 2753, or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University is committed to employment equity (EE), and appointments will be made in line with the EE plan for the specific environment as well as Stellenbosch University’s institutional EE Plan.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Your application, comprising a comprehensive curriculum vitae (including the names and e- mail address of at least three referees), must reach the University before or on the closing date of the advertised post.
Apply online at www.sun.ac.za/english/careers
The University reserves the right to investigate qualifications and conduct background checks on all candidates.
Should no feedback be received from the University within four weeks of the closing date, kindly accept that your application did not succeed.