People-driven initiative for cleaner cooking and improved women and child health in slum communities
In Between Exhibition
Creating positive visions of southern Africa
Colloquium on Resilience for Development: Assessment Methods and Transformation Practices
Betrayal of the Promise: How South Africa is being stolen
Food (R)evolution photo exhibition activates partnerships and conversations
Signs of citizenship
Public art, and the claiming of public spaces for social purposes by artist-activists, represents a key opportunity for social movements to engage broad and divided publics in the collective act of challenging state power. Why public art? Why street art? – The mainstream media is compromised and galleries are useless because South Africans can’t connect to them.
Transforming Development: The Science and Practice of Resilience Thinking MOOC
Transforming Development – a new free online course focusing on resilience thinking for international development practice is launching 30 April. Created by the Stockholm University, the Centre for Complex Systems in Transition and SDG Academy.
Systems Thinking and Sustainable Agriculture
What is a food system? What is the relationship between humans and food? These are some of the questions a group of Agriculture students embarked on getting answers to.
Soil, Soul & Society: Reflections on South Africa’s renewable energy landscapeThursday, 17 May 2018
The Sustainability Institute
Storymaking in the Anthropocene14 February 2018
CST Stables court yard
Food, energy and water sustainability: Emergent Governance StrategiesThu, 18 January 2018
STIAS Conference Centre, Stellenbosch
Soil, Soul and Society: Mexico’s Energy Transition, Indigenous Rights and Energy JusticeWed, 8 November 2017
Sustainability Institute, Drie Gewels Eco-lodge
Related news & events
- The next Summer Doctoral School takes place over two weeks at Stellenbosch University from 4 – 19 January 2018. The workshops are aimed at prospective and current PhD candidates and their supervisors across disciplines.
- Coming to terms with messiness: what is a ‘transformation lab’? The Steps Centre explains.
- Southern African Food Lab shares reflections on the Resilience for Development colloquium
- PhD candidate Megan Davies explores Renewable Energy Space in the Northern Cape
- Short film highlights Food (R)evolution Exhibition’s innovative research activations