Creating positive visions of southern Africa
Colloquium on Resilience for Development: Assessment Methods and Transformation Practices
Betrayal of the Promise: How South Africa is being stolen
Food (R)evolution photo exhibition activates partnerships and conversations
A river in distress
Dr Charon Büchner-Marais, a CST Research Associate, worked with the third-year class of graphic arts students at SU to produce a number of stop-frame videos and a puppet model to produce visual elements that can act as agents of change.
Political obstacles to a mass renewable energy programme
Prof Mark Swilling spoke about political obstacles to a mass renewable energy transition at a recent Alternative Information and Development Centre (AIDC) gathering in Cape Town, which formed part of AIDC’s Million Climate Jobs Campaign.
Nourishing food crucial for health
It’s tragic that one in four South African children under three years experience stunting – reduced height for age, which is the result of poor nutrition and predisposes to later obesity, ill health, poor educational outcomes and poor earning potential.
Soil, Soul and Society: Mexico’s Energy Transition, Indigenous Rights and Energy JusticeWed, 8 November 2017
Sustainability Institute, Drie Gewels Eco-lodge
Book launch: Bridging complexity and Post-structuralism: Insights and Implications by Minka Woermann11 October 2017
STIAS Conference Centre, Stellenbosch
Transdisciplinary research for Anthropocene challenges: Transformative collaborative governance relations for healthier rivers with science and society12 October 2017
CST Building, STIAS Complex
Human Systems Dynamics: Foundations, Discipline, Praxis | Dr Glenda EoyangTuesday 4 July 2017
STIAS Fellows Dinding Area @ STIAS campus, 19 Jonkershoek Road, Mostertsdrif, Stellenbosch
Related news & events
- The next Summer Doctoral School takes place over two weeks at Stellenbosch University from 4 – 19 January 2018. The workshops are aimed at prospective and current PhD candidates and their supervisors across disciplines.
- Coming to terms with messiness: what is a ‘transformation lab’? The Steps Centre explains.
- Southern African Food Lab shares reflections on the Resilience for Development colloquium
- PhD candidate Megan Davies explores Renewable Energy Space in the Northern Cape
- Short film highlights Food (R)evolution Exhibition’s innovative research activations
Positions and Bursaries
- 2018 Call for Doctoral Scholarships for Research using a Systems Analysis Methodology. Deadline 29 September 2017
- 2018 Call for Applications: Masters fellowship for 2018, Re-imagining Anthropocene Futures: Deadline 30 September 2017
- SARChI Research Chair in Social-Ecological Systems and Resilience: Postdoctoral fellowships for 2018. Deadline 30 September 2017
- SARChI Research Chair in Social-Ecological Systems and Resilience: Masters fellowship in private land conservation. Deadline 1 October 2017