- About Us
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Staff Opportunities
- Partner Universities
- Contact Us
Stellenbosch University International (SU International) is a support service division within the responsibility area of the Vice-Rector: Strategic Initiatives and Internationalisation (SI&I).
The purpose of SU International is:
1) To lead the development and implementation of the strategic plan for the internationalisation of SU and her core activities: research, learning and teaching and social impact;
2) To develop sustainable significant bilateral and multilateral alliances, partnerships and collaboration in support of the academic project;
3) To integrate a global engagement dimension into the student experience at SU, especially to institute and enrich the notion of internationalisation-at-home;
4) To maintain and enhance the existing dedicated support services platform to execute and promote SU’s international activities on campus, in the local community, within the region, Africa and beyond; and
5) To facilitate the development of scholarship in Africa.
Institutionally SU International is directed towards:
1) Contributing to achieving institutional strategic objectives with regard to the positioning SU as new Africa University.
2) Supporting all the faculties where internationalisation related activities are primarily seated.
3) Operating within a network of all support service divisions to create integration and coordination of services, programmes and activities that are decentralised and to add an international and intercultural dimension to existing processes and systems, always in collaboration with and in support of the various environments. Special reference to, but not limited to:
· Postgraduate Office (PGO): Joint degree development, International postgraduate students
· Division for Research Development (DRD): Scholarship development initiatives; International research collaboration initiatives
· Student Affairs: Global engagement initiatives (including local integration initiatives)
· Centre for Teaching and Learning: Global engagement initiatives (e.g. internationalisation of the curriculum and the classroom)
· Short Courses: Global engagement and scholarship development initiatives; African Doctoral Academy schools
· Student Fees: International student finances
· IT: Internationalisation Info Management, Academic Administration process pertaining to international students
4) Integrating and aligning campus internationalisation support structures to ensure consistent comprehensive internationalisation across SU.
In collaboration with the Tygerberg International Office, International Affiars at the Business School and the Postgraduate Office, SU International will be leading this journey through
· the Centre for Collaboration in Africa, focusing on enhancing SU’s African footprint in Africa
Contact: Nico Elema email@example.com
· the Africa Centre for Scholarship, building capacity through the African Doctoral Academy
Contact: Corina du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org
· the Centre for Partnerships and Internationalisation, growing SU’s international reach through sustainable significant bilateral and multilateral networks
Contact: Huba Boshoff email@example.com
· the Global Engagement Centre, using internationalisation to transform students through immersive learning and providing them with international mobility opportunities
Contact: Ben Nel firstname.lastname@example.org
· the SU International Services Centre, sustaining the support service delivery to international students and visitors
Contact: Carmien Snyman email@example.com
· the Confucius Institute, teaching Chinese language and culture in the broader community
Contact: Fu’ai Jian firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch our launch video.
More details on the various units can be found here