Other publications

Stellenbosch University Buildings

This beautifully illustrated book offers a chronological visual record of the buildings at Stellenbosch University (SU) since the opening of the Ou Hoofgebou (Old Main Building) in 1886. It also includes the other four campuses that came later, and looks ahead to the completion of formidable new construction projects by 2023. The architecture of the buildings featured in the book reflects the style of the period of construction, and seamlessly joins up with the rich history of Stellenbosch.

To order this book at the cost of R350, please contact Inge-Rae Scholtz at irhode@sun.ac.za

AgriSciences book

The book relates the history of the AgriSciences Faculty over the past 100 years, particularly from the perspective of various role-players in the past 50 years. The book commences with a timeline of the important events of the past 100 years and then provides an overview of the various deans of the faculty over the years. The history of the various departments is featured and the book concludes with a list of noteworthy researchers from the faculty, as well as PhD degrees awarded.

This book costs R950. For any queries, or to order, please contact Karin Vergeer at ccav@sun.ac.za or +27 21 808 4792. 

Science Faculty book

The Faculty of Science, one of the four founding faculties at SU in 1918, celebrated its centenary with the publication of a limited edition coffee table book: A Particular Frame of Mind – Faculty of Science, Stellenbosch University, 1918-2018.

The book traces the history of the first academic departments, and the pioneers who over the years laid the foundations for training and research in various fields. With nearly 200 photographs and images from the SU Archive, the Africana section of the SU Library, and artefacts from departmental collections, as well as scientific images from past and ongoing research, the book brings the effort of historical and modern-day scientists alive.

To order this book at the cost of R450, please contact Wiida Fourie-Basson at science@sun.ac.za

Matieland Centenary edition

A special Centenary edition of Matieland provides insight into the University’s history and future. Historical photos tell the story of the University’s beginning and news reporting covers important events from the University’s Centenary year. Also included are historical timelines tracing the development of Coetzenburg Stadium, the Student Guidance Centre and Die Matie student newspaper, among others.

To view the special Matieland Centenary edition, please click here:
https://console.virtualpaper.com/stellenbosch-university/matieland-centenary-edition/#1/

2018 Research Report

Click here to read the report.

Annual Integrated Report 2017 - Centenary

Click here to read the report.