General Aims of the Honours Programmes
In meeting the spatial development challenges presented by the dynamically changing population, settlement structure and environment in South Africa, the programmes have the following broad aims:
- Schooling in the systematic identification, analysis and monitoring of urban and regional problems;
- Introduction to policy frameworks, guidelines, procedures and scientific techniques for decision -making and management of spatial development
- Note: Only persons with degrees in the Natural Sciences (BSc) may register at the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNAP) (BA’s excluded).
- Only persons with a BSc Honours qualification in Geography and Environmental Studies are allowed to register as professional scientists with training in Natural Sciences at the South Af rican Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNAP). Persons with a Social Sciences degree (BA) are excluded.
- The Department reserves the right not to present all optional modules in a specific calendar