Senior Lecturer/Library Liaison & Book Orders
MA & PhD (Stellenbosch)
Tel: +2721 808 2227
TEACHING & RESEARCH AREAS
Victorian & Neo-Victorian Studies; Historical Fiction; Gothic Studies; Biofiction; Feminism
Certificate of Recognition: Lecturer Acknowledged by Top-Performing First-Year Student in English Studies (2013); Rector’s Award for Excellence in Teaching (2009)
- “The Vivisectionist’s Tale: Auto/Biographical Voice and the Queer Fictions of Empire in Anne Harries’s Manly Pursuits.” In Kohlke, Marie-Luise & Gutleben, Christian (Eds.), Neo-Victorian Biofiction. (Amsterdam: Brill, 2018).
- “A Bodily Metaphorics of Unsettlement: Leora Farber’s Dis-Location / Re-Location as Neo-Victorian Gothic”. In Kohlke, Marie-Luise & Gutleben, Christian (Eds.), Neo-Victorian Gothic: Horror, Violence, and Degeneration in the Re-Imagined Nineteenth Century. (Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2012)
- “Gayle S. Rubin. Deviations: A Gayle Rubin Reader.” Gender Questions 1.1 (2013): 136-137.
SELECTED CONFERENCES AND DISCUSSIONS
- “Biofictional Rhodes”. Founding Colloquium of the Africa Chapter of the International Autobiography Association: “The Textualities of Auto/Biography: or, the Auto/biogrAfrical”. Stellenbosch University, 19-20 October, 2017.
- “Female Genealogy and a Bodily Metaphorics of Unsettlement in Leora Farber’s Dis-Location / Re-Location”. Seminar Presented at Kadir Has University, Istanbul, 11 November 2014.
- “Post-apartheid Dickens: Tim Greene’s Boy Called Twist.” The Other Dickens: Victorian and Neo-Victorian Contexts. Portsmouth, UK, July 2012.
- “W/Rite of Passage: The Literary E-Journal as Student Research and Writing Co-operative.” HELTASA, Stellenbosch, December 2012.
- “Notes and Activities” for Schools’ Edition of Unity Dow’s Far and Beyon’ (Cape Town: Maskew Miller Longman. 2008)