Interventions in Critical Knowledge Production in South Africa
- Cassey Toi March 2018 “MOTHERHOOD CONSTRUCTED ONLINE : AN EXPLORATORY STUDY OF SOUTH AFRICAN MOMMY BLOGGERS” (Supervised by Lloyd Hill). Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/103895
- Chima Onwunta December 2019 “LANGUAGE AS ASPECT OF TRANSFORMATION AT UNIVERSITY RESIDENCE” (Supervised by Lloyd Hill)
- Kylie Bolton March 2020 “POLITICAL FASHIONING : AESTHETICS, ART AND ACTIVISM IN SOUTH AFRICA 2013-2018” (Supervised by Bernard Dubbeld). Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/107981
- Shante Neff March 2020 “THE CHALLENGES OF ACHIEVING GENDER EQUALITY IN ORGANISATIONS: A CASE STUDY IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN COMMERICAL FISHING INDUSTRY” (Supervised by Lindy Heinecken)
- Jackie Roux March 2020 “HOW SOCIAL MEDIA DEMOCRATIZED BEAUTY : SOUTH AFRICAN INFLUENCERS EXPERIENCES OF THE TRANSFORMATION OF COSMETICS AND WORK IN THE BEAUTY INDUSTRY” (Supervised by Bernard Dubbeld) Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/107842
- Jade Tennant March 2020 “ITS NOT A WOMANS JOB : AN EXPLORATION OF THE GENDERED NATURE OF EMPLOYMENT IN THE SOUTH AFRICAN PRIVATE SECURITY INDUSTRY” (Supervised by Lindy Heinecken). Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/108033
- Justine Heald Dec 2020. “CAKE AND DEATH: THREE DEATH CAFES IN SOUTH AFRICA” (Supervised by Ilana van Wyk) Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/109100
- Luckymore Matenga Dec 2020 “EXAMINING STATE RESPONSES TO ZIMBABWEAN MIGRANT ENTREPRENEURS IN INNER-CITY JOHANNESBURG” (Supervised by Efua Prah). Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/109386
- Lisa Hendricks. March 2021 “THE SOCIAL LIFE OF A SMALL ETHNOLOGY MUSEUM IN LIMPOPO, SOUTH AFRICA” (Supervised by Ilana van Wyk). Available at: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/109108
- Danya Marx. March 2021 Link: “WARRIOR GIRLS: VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN AND GENDER-BASED ACTIVISM IN A PENTECOSTAL-CHARISMATIC CHURCH IN STELLENBOSCH” (Supervised by Ilana van Wyk). Available at https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/110098
- Maria Booi. Dec 2021, “GROWING UP WOMEN AND MEN: GENDERED HOUSEWORK IN XHOSA HOUSEHOLDS IN LANGA.” Supervised by Khayaat Fakier,. Available: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/124013
- Kylie Kuhl, Dec 2021 “THE ART OF MAKING YOUNG GENDERS AND SEXUALITIES IN SOUTH AFRICA.” Supervised by Dennis Francis. Available: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/110505
- Leya Mgebisa, Dec 2021, “The Perception of School Choice Practices and How the ‘Public’ in Stellenbosch Functions” Supervised by Bernard Dubbeld and Jacob du Plessis
- Ashwin Philips, Dec 2021, “SURVEILLANCE AND REGULATION OF PROTEST MOVEMENTS IN A DEMOCRATIC LIBERAL SOCIETY: EXPLORING THE LIVES OF FEES MUST FALL ACTIVISTS AT STELLENBOSCH UNIVERSITY.” Supervised by Rob Pattman and Dennis Francis. Available: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/123593
- Zara Schoeder, Dec 2021 “PERFORMING THE SELF IN NEW MEDIA: A QUALITATIVE STUDY ON THE EXPERIENCES OF SOUTH AFRICAN MUSLIM WOMEN INFLUENCERS ON INSTAGRAM”. Supervised by Patricia Hamilton. Available: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/123657
- Nicola van der Westhuizen, Dec 2021 . “CONTESTATIONS OVER URBAN SPACE: EXPLORING THE DISCOURSE AND DYNAMICS BETWEEN RESIDENTS IN HERMANUS, ZWELIHLE AND DUBAI IN A POST-PROTEST ENVIRONMENT” Supervised by Shaheed Tayob.
- Kerina Veeriah, Dec 2021 “BALANCING ACTS: RATIONALISATION AND CARE IN THE MANAGEMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH CALL CENTRE COUNSELLORS IN SOUTH AFRICA”. Supervised by Ilana van Wyk, Available: https://scholar.sun.ac.za/handle/10019.1/110577
- Bapiwe Gobodo. March 2022. Supervised by Dennis Francis. The badge, the blazer and those who came before us: a sociological study on hazing in former model C all-boys schools in the Eastern Cape (sun.ac.za)
- Natasha Solari. March 2022. Supervised by Khayaat Fakier.Fishing for Answers: An exploration of fisherwomen’s roles and activities in the ‘blue economy’ of the South African small-scale fisheries sector (sun.ac.za)
- Simonn Meyer. December 2022. Supervised by Bernard Dubbeld. Party Politics: An exploration of Cape Town Queer Nightlife and what it reveals about the politics of space and identification in post-Apartheid South Africa (sun.ac.za)
- Angelique Michaels. December 2022. Supervised by Shaheed Tayob.Critiquing prescriptions of place and belonging in neoliberal post-apartheid Cape Town: An ethnography on the politics of abjection in language, policy, and practice (sun.ac.za)
- Mukisa Mujulizi. December 2022. Supervised by Bernard Dubbeld. Black in White: The Private and Public Lives of Black Alums in Cape Town Private Schools (sun.ac.za)
- Tariro Nyamudeza. December 2022. Supervised by Efua Prah. Women’s rugby at Stellenbosch University: challenging normative constructions of gender in sport (sun.ac.za)
March 2021: Amber Blake, Kelidh Clapperton, Ella Horne, Nadia Kemp, Mfundo Mlomzale, Vuyolowethu Qinela
March 2020: Embeth Johannes, Damian Johnson, Nosi Matiwane, Simonn Meyer, Tariro Nyamudeza, Shane Sass.
March 2019: Maria Booi, Danya Marx, , Angelique Michaels, Zara Schoeder, Kerina Veeriah.
March 2018: Mishka Babletakis, Melissa Coetzee, Taylor Lategan (nee Smith), Stephanie Jacobs, Leya Mgebisa, Shante Neff.