PhD, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), University of London
Ongoing Interests: The South African lottery, Pentecostal-Charismatic Christianity, pre-colonial money exchange and financial instruments at the Cape, matric balls
- Van Wyk, Ilana. (2014). The Universal Church of the Kingdom of God (UCKG) in South Africa: A church of strangers. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. [Monograph]
- Posel, Deborah & Ilana van Wyk. (eds.). (2019). Conspicuous Consumption in Africa, Johannesburg: Wits University Press. [Edited book]
- Van Wyk, Ilana. (2020). Crooked prophets and ungodly politicians: Popular Christian engagements in South Africa. PentecoStudies, 19(1), pp. 36-91.
- Van Wyk, Ilana. (2018). Fragile wars: Anti-ecumenism in a South African Church. Journal of Southern Africa Studies 44(2), pp. 269-281.
- Van Wyk, Ilana. (2012). Tata ma Chance: On contingency and the Lottery in Post-apartheid South Africa. Africa, 82(1): 41-68.