Research at the CST is largely conducted in collaborative inter- and transdisciplinary teams that draw in expertise from different disciplines as well as from policy, practice and local stakeholders. Much of the research is funded by external project grants, and students are part of the larger project teams which provides additional opportunities for learning and research support.
Research at the CST is focused on six research groups:
1. Complexity Theory, Systems Modelling & Anticipatory Intelligence
2. Urban Transitions
3. Resilience & Transformation
4. Renewable Energy for Transitions (RE4T)
5. Systems Entrepreneurship and Innovation Governance (SEIG)
6. Transformative Transdisciplinary Research