Stellenbosch International Chamber Music Festival Community Partners
Community development forms an integral part of the SICMF. Each year a number of music development programmes from different communities are invited to participate. Student groups and individuals from national development programmes and music centres that have attended the SICMF include:
- Hugo Lambrechts Music Centre (Parow)
- Khongisa Youth Centre (Empangeni)
- Bochabela String Orchestra (Bloemfontein)
- Kwazulu-Natal & Cape Philharmonic Youth Orchestras
- Stellenbosch University Certificate Programme Jazz Band and Brass Quintet
- Certificate Programme at Stellenbosch University
- Buskaid project in Soweto
- Gauteng Camerata
- Frank Pietersen Music Centre (Paarl)
- MTN Music project (Cape Town)
- Indabana Music project (Cape Town)
In addition to South African based community development participants, the SICMF has since 2010 hosted significant numbers of Nigerian and Zimbabwean students. In 2016 the D.K.O Orchestra from Nigeria sent a group of 35 participants over and above which a number of Zimbabwean and Nigerian students entered individually.
Tygerberg Childrens Choir with Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu.
Students from the D.K.O. Symphony Orchestra in Lagos, Nigeria.
Gregory Pietersen & Jerome Jacobs who completed the Stellenbosch University Certificate Programme.
Sithylelo Gwenxane (clarinet) trained in the Ronnie Samaai Music Education Project and went on to study at UCT. Caron Tremble and Caron Barron (bassoon) trained at Hugo Lamprechts Music Centre and went on to study at Stellenbosch University. Here seen playing in the Festival Concert Orchestra.
Desmond Tutu with the Tygerberg Children’s Choir and the SICMF Festival Concert Orchestra.
Dane Coetzee from the Cape Town Philharmonic Youth Orchestra.