The Centre for Applied Ethics (CAE) is an interdisciplinary centre for research, teaching and public engagement around ethical issues in various fields. The Centre:
- conducts interdisciplinary research on applied ethical questions;
- organises seminars, annual lectures and conferences;
- offers a Master’s Programme in Applied Ethics (with specialisation in Biomedical, Environmental or Business Ethics);
- offers opportunities for accredited Continued Professional Development (CPD) programmes in the medical and business ethics field; and
- offers advice and consulting services to people who are responsible for policy formulation and legislation.
The CAE consists of four research units: the Unit for Bioethics, the Unit for Environmental Ethics, the Unit for Business Ethics and Public Integrity and the Unit for Social and Political Ethics (PROSPER).