Centre for Applied Ethics
PROSPER Research Projects
- The ethics of responsibility and blameworthiness
- The ethics of ignorance
- The ethics of reparations for past injustice: who owes what to whom?
- Conceptual ethics: investigating the adequacy of the concepts by means of which we reason about politics and society.
- The ethics of immigration and the problem of xenophobia.
- The ethics of resistance: when is it justified to resist the laws of a democratic society and what are the legitimate forms of such resistance?
- The ethics of institutions: how should we design social and political institutions so that they promote virtuous action on the part of those whose conduct it regulates?
- D Suter: “Resentment as a moral emotion”
- H Froneman: “Post-truth politics and democratic deliberation”
- E Phiri: “In defence of the public-private distinction with regard to sexual orientation: Zambia as a case study”
- P Komu: “Being harmed and harming: government responsibility for inadequate healthcare”