Meet our Team
Dr. Susan Hall
Dr Susan Hall is a senior lecturer in the Department of Philosophy and Centre for Applied Ethics at Stellenbosch University. Her primary research interests are in Bioethics, and specifically the ethics of human enhancement and ethical issues related to technological advancement. She is currently working on ethical issues related to the participation of athletes with intersex conditions in sporting competition.
- Hall, S. 2022. ‘How will Biotechnology Transform Human Health? The peril and promise of genetic engineering’. In: Jones, C., Kruger, M., Van den Heever, J. Van Niekerk, A. (eds.). Challenges in Medical Ethics: The South African Context. Stellenbosch: African Sun Media. 261-279.
- Ewuoso, C., Hall, S. & Dierickx, K. 2021. ‘How do healthcare professionals respond to ethical challenges regarding information management? A review of empirical studies’, Global Bioethics, 32 (1): 67-84
- Ewuoso, C. & Hall, S. 2019. ‘Core Aspects of Ubuntu: A Systematic Review’. South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 38(1): 55-67.
- Lenk, C. & Hall, S. 2019. ‘Access to health care in emerging and industrialised nations: A comparison between South Africa and Germany’. In: Steger, F. (Ed.), Diversität im Gesundheitswesen. Freiburg: Alber.
- Ewuoso, C., Hall, S. & Dierickx, K. 2017. ‘How do healthcare professionals manage ethical challenges regarding information in health care professional-patient clinical interactions? A Review of Concept/Argument-Based Papers and CaseAnalyses’, South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 10 (2): 75-82.
- Hall, S. & Woermann, M. 2014. ‘From inequality to equality: Evaluating normative justifications for affirmative action as racial redress’, African Journal of Business Ethics, 8 (2): 59-73.
- Hall, S. 2013. ‘Is the Choice on Termination of Pregnancy Act Guilty of Disability Discrimination?’, South African Journal of Philosophy, 32 (1): 36-46.
- Hall, Susan. 2013. ‘The ethics of discriminatory sex-selective abortion: is legal prohibition our best option?’, The Specialist Forum, 13 (10): 32-33.
- Philosophy 114 (Section B: Practical Logic and Critical Thinking Skills)
- Philosophy 244 (Section A: Applied Ethics)