Phila Msimang is a lecturer in the Department of Philosophy and the Convenor of the Socratic Society at Stellenbosch University. His research interests include the philosophy of science, the metaphysics of race, and theories of minimal cognition.
- Msimang, P.M. 2020. Medicine, anti-realism, and ideology: variation in medical genetics does not show that race is biologically real. Northern European Journal of Philosophy 20 (2).
- Msimang, P.M. 2019. Racializing races: the racialized groups of interactive constructionism do not undermine social theories of race. Ergo 6 (1).
- Msimang, P.M. 2015. Problems with the physical in physicalism. South African Journal of Philosophy 34 (3), 336–345.
Phila Msimang’s academic profile can be seen on ResearchGate
- Philosophy 214: Subdisciplines in Philosophy I (Modern Philosophy)
- Philosophy 344: Critical Social Theory (Race and Science)
- Philosophy 345: Analytic Philosophy (Philosophy of Mind)