A campus shuttle service is available in on central campus. This service focuses on the following needs:
- Transport between the general parking areas on the edge of campus and central campus during the day.
- Transport between the long-term parking area and central points at the residences at specific times during the day and night.
- Transport to and from service divisions and departments on the edge of campus (e.g. Food Science and Welgevallen), to and from central campus.
- Transport of congress attendees to and from the general parking areas on the edge of campus.
Schedule, costs, identification/payment mechanism, routes, pick-up points
07:00 – 17:30 (on campus)
18:00 – 02:00 (in town)
Shuttle between the long-term parking area and residences
07:30 – 02:00 (on campus)
|1||Focus||Service between general parking areas on the edge of campus and central campus during the day||Service for students studying late at night from pick-up point at Neelsie to private housing in broader town||Service from central points between residences and long-term parking area - only if users have registered for this|
|2||Schedule||1. Monday to Friday
2. Click here for schedule of times
|1. Monday to Sunday
2. Every hour, from 18:00 (last trip departs at 02:00)
|1. Monday to Friday
2. Between 07.30 and 16.00 there are three available timeslots during which the circle route will be followed, namely 07.30, 13.30 and 16.00.
3. At night the first trip leaves at 18.45 after which it will leave every hour from the long-term parking area and follow the green circle route. The last trip leaves at 01.45.
|3||Identification / payment mechanism
||Student or staff card||Student or staff card||Student or staff card|
|4||Colour and description on map:||Coetzenburg to Conservatory via Skuilhoek or Van Riebeeck Street||Not a set route||Proposed cirlce route|
|Lentelus/Silvertrees to Joubertstraat via Hammanshand Road|
|5||Specific conditions:||Operate only within a radius of 6km from the Neelsie||Availability of long term parking for students in residences dependent on registration.
(After the submission of standard parking application.)
|6||Maps:||Routes for day shuttle service||6km radius||Proposed circle route|
|7||Pick-up points:||Pick-up points for each route indicated on the map by a diamond in the colour of the route. Drop-off points to be indicated with a square.||Neelsie parking area – at the main entrance to the Neelsie (east side)||Only at blocks indicated on the green route.|
|8||Costs for Students / staff registered for parking:||No additional costs||Amount to be announced||No additional costs|
|9||Costs for Students / staff not registered for parking:||Amount to be announced||Amount to be announced||Amount to be announced|
Transport Tygerberg students between off-campus Kerkenberg and Tygerberg campus in the evening
NB: The shuttle service will be decommissioned as soon as the Kerkenberg students move to the main campus.
|Schedule||1. Monday to Friday
2. Every hour, from 18:00 - 02:00 (last trip departs at 02:00)
|Pick-up points||1. Between Teaching and Clinical buildings, at the paraplegic entrance
2. At the Kerkenberg pedestrian gate next to Francie van Zijl Avenue
The code of conduct applies to:
- All Matie Buses or shuttle buses
- All SU bus stops
- Wait until the Matie Bus has come to a complete standstill before boarding.
- Hold your card in front of the card reader for identification purposes or pay quickly with your SU staff or student card so as not to delay the departure of the Matie Bus.
- Keep your seat belt on for the full duration of the trip.
- Be considerate towards other passengers.
- Respect the privacy of other passengers.
- Do not throw anything out of the windows or doors of the Matie Bus.
- If you want to listen to music, please use head phones.
- No eating, smoking or messing on the buses or at the bus stops.
- No alcohol is allowed.
- Do not bother the driver or other passengers.
- Do not lie down on the seats.